Thursday, October 11, 2007

At length, now and forever


I got this sent to me on a Quote of the day;
World of Quotes mailing,
for Oct 10, 2007.

"The only things one can admire at length are those
one admires without knowing why." ~Jean Rostand~

I admire the quote but I don't know why!
The dictionary, for "admire" says:
"To regard with wonder, pleasure, and approval"
The root of the word refers to "wonder'

Perhaps I hear something in there about an innate yearning,
mystery, essential beauty; and spiritual wonder..

....admiring that which is beyond my rational knowing.

Life...at length..
Love...at length
The movement of God called "church".... at length
This congregation I serve; its faces and names...at length
All that is around me...at length
This day.... at length
My wife, Beth, my children;
Sara and Nick,...at length
Jesus Christ...at length
God ....at length
Prayer... now ...at length
The gift of it all...at length

Is that what eternity and endless praise is about?
Infinite...everlasting.... admiration....

Rambling on....
Rory



No comments: