Friday, November 28, 2008

Random rambles

Charter is running slow so I may not bother with this for long! Facebook visiting has , in fact, reduced my time with the blog. I hope you all had a pleasant thanksgiving. Jeff Ozanne fulfilled Park Church's preaching obligation/privilege in our shared Thanksgiving eve service with the Congregational Church. We had a a pleasant house full of good food and good company for Thanksgiving Day. Later in the evening I retreated to the church to gather up my notes from the previous days meeting with Don Paxton's family. We had Don's funeral service this morning. In addition to his 1o years with the Navy and Air Force, he was with the foreign service as a power plant supervisor for the Voice of America in Liberia, Morocco, Okinawa and Washington DC. I was fascinated with his stories and will miss him. This afternoon I visited the new home of a church member family, rebuilt after a fire so we did a house blessing. Sara hosted a party of college students home on Thanksgiving break so they swarmed through the leftovers, for which I am also thankful. My brother, Randy, gets a ride back to Moorhead tomorrow and I hope, with Nicks help, to get up a few Christmas lights...oh and the Sunday sermon needs some finishing.


Life is good . Still a happy thanksgiving

No comments: