Monday, October 5, 2009

just another ramble

It was a good miscellaneous day; one of those mixed days off where I enjoyed a second cup of coffee at home, took care of some phone calls and note taking in preparation for a funeral tomorrow, stopped in at the UMW meeting to recruit (beg) for some help with a district event we are hosting; rounded up some plant stands for the new refugee plants I brought back from Thief River, even though I had decided to go mostly plant less for the winter . Sara had adopted the plants I was getting rid of. One of the plants I got from my mother is a large bushy parsley plant. I am trying to acquire a taste for it but its hot happening yet! My other miscellaneous deeds were a bit of laundry, yard work, bank errands, more salt for the water softener, and a failed effort to get a better cordless drill on sale. The one I wanted was sold out. Last Monday before taking Nick back to Perpich, I hastily hung up a new over’the stove- microwave oven. But it was crooked and my cordless drill was no longer up to the job. ( I will be recruiting some more skilled help to re hang the microwave.) I got a few other house and office projects done and had a nice phone call with Sara and email with Jason. Will try to call Nick yet tonight.
Had a blue jay tossing a lot of seeds out of the feeder today and the squirrels are packing up the acorns that are numerous on the driveway. Geese were honking away in the skies. I saw an eagle while driving back from Thief River on Saturday. They are not uncommon around here in Brainerd but I have not seen one in awhile.
That’s the ramble of the day!

No comments: