Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dec Rambles

Some Rambling updates. It was a joy to be at my nephew, Josh's, wedding in Sioux Falls this past weekend. It was one of those rare times when most of the family was together. Watching my dad dance with several of his grand daughters was a highlight of the heart. I look forward to getting to know more of Katie, Josh's wife. Do I get to now call her a new niece or a niece-in law? The church choir cantata was held at the 9:30 service last Sunday and Jeff took care of the 11:15 service that included a baptism.
We are involved with the Interfaith Hospitality Network this week so I have done a couple of transportation duties with an energetic family of four. Others from Park church have done overnight care, fixed suppers or doing activities, transportation and laundry. The big Candle light dinners are this Friday and Saturday so the church building is coming to its decorative peak! The new computers are installed at church so I am trying to learn Windows 7! My rambling could go on but I close with this quote that came from Sojourners today as the Verse and Voice

God does not wait for us to become perfect and in possession of only high, pure thoughts and unmixed motives before [moving] through us. God waits only for the sign of faith.
- Eugenia Price, American novelist and community activist (1916-1996

No comments: