Thursday, December 13, 2007

Isaiah 11

Isaiah 11
lectio Divina
lingerings
reflections
interior ramblings

1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
And a branch shall grow out of his roots

New life, but in new shoots....a new way will come forth, not just as before...new locations...different, but of the same root, connected under neath it all

How will I look , expect, to see this in me, around me, beyond me; ...coming from the same root source...the eternal spirit root that is shared with Jesse, with David, with Christ. The same root bringing forth, growing persistently in me. What, of the spiritual life, is growing, breaking forth to the surface, or still pushing beneath the earth? Hidden, but still to come. Trust the roots.


2 The Spirit of the LORD shall rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and of power,
the Spirit of knowledge

How will I seek and be open, be taught and formed to this Spirit? Scripture, prayer, teachers of this Way. The gifts are given...Spiritual transformation for this.


3 He will not judge by what his eyes see
or decide by what he hears with his ears;

O God, see me, and know me, in ways deeper than what others can see of me and what my ego reveals to the world, and what I say to myself and others,
not to be judged by deeds, or lack of them, but search me and know me,,as I am , to you,
More than I even know myself. Grace, to see others as you see.


4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy,
with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.


And then when I can love the poor and the needy in me, ..then will I be able to respond more faithfully, genuinely, eagerly, generously to the poor and meek of this earth?

He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.

God, will you remove the wickedness, the slanderous and hurtful in me, remove from me what I cannot seem to take out of myself?

Will I let you transform me, change me,

with breath of your lips,
with the breath of your spirit and your words,
when you breathed on the disciples, you inspired them with breath of intimacy,
life force,, re-created in them, breathing a new Adam
in the wind-spirit of God, of a new Genesis
will I be close enough, stay close enough to feel your breath, and be a new person, new breath of life? Out of breath
Do not run from the breathing.

Silence, stillness, listening, for the inspiration. ...catching our breath

5 Righteousness will be his belt
and faithfulness the sash around his waist.

Will I be dressed and ready to do this work,,will justice be my uniform, my new form, my work belt.?

6 The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
and a little child will lead them.

Will I let this chosen (Christ) child, or this child of God-life, in me,
lead me?

7 The cow will feed with the bear,
their young will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.

8 The infant will play near the hole of the cobra,
and the young child put his hand into the viper's nest.

Will the wolf, the leopard, the bear, the lion, the viper,
the violent, the uncontrollable, and the venomous in me, be calmed,
to let the young, the child, the vulnerable and growing in me,
the future in me, to grow in sanctuary
of shalom

9 They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD
as the waters cover the sea

Is all the earth your Holy mountain now, your dwelling place, your revealing place?


as the waters cover the sea...
Will I be this full, immersed, baptized in this presence, this knowing, this truth,
Am I already this surrounded,...
but not knowing?


Advent hope
Christ is this image
be born in us today,
in me today and again and again
a child, a vision, a shalom, a Word breath of God,
become flesh
in me, in all creation.

lectio divina

No comments: