Friday, May 16, 2008

A Full Day

It got to be a very full day. I finished up the Sunday sermon in the morning, had a few phone calls and administrative matters, met with two different couples for pre-marriage counseling With one of the couples we walked across the street to a picnic table at Gregory Park so we had a conversation in the pleasant weather of the day. After that I saw someone in the hospital and a couple of people in the nursing home, made a couple other pastoral phone calls and did my customary dish washing on the third Friday every month at the Sharing Bread Soup Kitchen. The day went more or less as I thought it would, but best of all was how it started. I am trying to get back into the habit of a walk around the block before going to work. The morning brightness was more inviting today and I noticed a couple of honking geese as they flew by, headed for the Mississippi, and then as I returned to the yard, there was a blue bird perched in the maple tree, with the sunlight just right to catch the colors. I have never seen one in my yard before. A good way to start a full day.

Last night the Council of Stewards ended just in time for me to hear Nick's band concert. I had been feeling some guilt about the likelihood of missing it.
Tomorrow a few of us from church are going to a Conservative Jewish synagogue and a Hindu Temple in the cities. New experiences!

Rambling on.

No comments: