Saturday, May 3, 2008

I have thought about trying to comment on the General Conference actions but you can go to its web site or read the comments of David Bard or Jim Perry. I appreciate their work and words.
I would add that a note that the membership vows are changed to now be about prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness. Sara enjoyed her time there.

We had the funeral service for W.W. Thompson at church this morning and this afternoon I finished up the sermon for tomorrow.


Thanks for checking into the blog!

Here is prayer that was on the Upper Room Daily Reflection's this week.

FROM OUR BLINDNESS that cannot see the pain in others’ lives, from our fears that distance us from others, from our indifference that cannot relate to others’ suffering, deliver us, O God. Amen.
- Richard Morgan Settling In: My First Year in a Retirement Community

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Pastor Rory....I just thought I would check in to tell you that I am doing pretty well with my sadness, and my health. Sorry I haven't been to church all last month, but you will start seeing me regularly very soon. Your blog is a wonderful way to keep up with you and the Lord !
Marilyn Morrison