Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tim Russert

I will miss Tim Russert's presence and perspective. So much of our news and political commentary today is polarizing, simplistic and egotistical. I tire of radio and TV "talk-news-entertainment"that seems to be more about the interviewer's ability to be snide or "smart alecky" rather than civil and insightful. But when I saw Russert involved in a news program I usually stopped my channel surfing and tuned in. His views and tone would have been helping us in our national conversations through the upcoming presidential elections.
I have not been surprised to hear how his peers have spoken about his ethics and integrity as well as his commitment to family and the various charitable efforts.

Today I head off to Jay Cooke Park to do a wedding and starting on Monday I will be on vacation until the end of the month.

No comments: