Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Misc.

Light snow today, and cold. Are the seasons moving backwards? I am thinking of the people working with Red River valley flooding. My son, Nick, plans to leave tomorrow along with other HS students to do a day of sandbag work in Fargo . He doesn't remember it but he was around that work back in 1997 when we were sandbagging in Ortonville. Sara is back to Duluth; with stories from her road trip to Arizona. I plan to use her restaurant hospitality story in my sermon tonight at Light of the Lakes. I am preaching on the "I am the bread of Life" words of Jesus.
We had a full table for the lectionary group today. That was fun. We are helping with Interfaith Hospitality work this week and hope to have some guests from there as part of our usual Wed night church supper. Tomorrow and Friday I will help with some afternoon transportaion
My parents have returned from Arizona, back to TRF. Maybe the other sign of spring is the large green frog (concrete, ceramic or fiberglass?) that is set on the steps of house down on our block.

No comments: