Saturday, October 18, 2008

Poverty, local

The numbers were up again at the soup kitchen. We have seen that pattern 60, 70, 80s. I remember that the soup kitchen numbers just a couple years ago were more like 40-50. We see all ages. Based on a couple of odd conversations at my dirty dish return window I am wondering if we are seeing more people with unmanaged mental health issues. Is there a way to asses that? I recently got involved with the Coalition to End Poverty in Crow Wing County and I am impressed with the idea of local listening, learning and responding. But of this I am sure. The economic woes of the nation are happening here.

I will be at the great Pumpkin Festival in Gregory Park this afternoon for the pie throwing contest around 4 pm A chance for three pastors to throw pies at each other!

No comments: