Tuesday, July 7, 2009

sky dive day







What a Day. This afternoon Sara, Nick and I did tandem sky dives. They took us above the clouds to 14000 feet. I was the first one out of the plane and Sara said the scariest part was seeing her Dad fall out of the plane. The cloud mist stung a little on the face as we dropped in freefall speed of about 120 mph.. abit chilly too..but it was awesome. They advertise free fall time of up to a minute but if it was , it went fast! Must admit some relief when I felt the jerk of the parachute opening. Landings went fine.First thing I did was watch the kids land. Wind conditions were not right for the beach sand landings we had watched so we went inland to land on a grassy playing field. I would do it again.It was something I wanted to do back in college days. Took me awhile to get around to it. Cant wait to hear Nick and Sara's descriptions. Don't know if we will get pictures posted. We go to Hobart, Tasmania tomorrow evening, with not much Internet options for a week. Then back to Sydney for a couple of days before going to New Zealand.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Sara Ann said...

Woooooooooo hoooooooooooo! So, we going again on your seventieth?