Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back to the true characteristics of a "rambling" blog;
Beth returns from Mumbai tomorrow and is due back around 4:20(unless Delta airlines decrees other wise)and I hope to absorb some of her travel adventures.I want to ask more about the slum they "toured". Nick and Sara will both be home for the weekend and it is Beth's birthday on Monday. Tonight was the last night of the confirmation class and I saw some words in their affirmations of faith that made me feel that yes, all those chaotic classes were worth the effort. Confirmation is this Sunday. Also today I got the stitches out of my finger and all is well...just a common type of growth reaction from some vascular trauma...must have cut or or smashed my finger some time back in Australia. There is some chance of it growing back so they hope to have removed enough of the tissue. The experience was more inconvenience than anything else and the vicodin didn't get much use. I am thinking that getting to be almost 54 and just now getting my first stitches has to be unusual...finally another right of passage! Although I had a cut on my chin back in college that probably could have used a stitch or two!
Seasonally, the pine trees in the yard started dropping their needles right on the first day of autumn and a few yellowed leaves have joined them. I picked few nice red tomatoes from the flower bed which is quite remarkable since we were gone for two months. My usual Labor day weekend routine of puttng a fresh layer of black seal coat on the driveway, was done on schedule. Since the church put windows on the parsonage screen porch this summer when we were gone I am now spared the October tradition of getting the plastic on.

Enough for now, it is after ten. Last night I came home around 11 after 5 hours of evening cleaning in my office. Today was good day mixed with lectionary group, midweek communion, confirmation, conversations and office stuff and Wednesday night supper. Tomorrow brings some pastoral appointments. Park prayers and a meeting. Might have to do some prep for the Friday funeral and tidy up my notes for the Sunday sermon: "Shells, Glasses, and Tea cups" -object lessons for the confirmands and the rest of us. Enjoy the cool autumn mornings and the great afternoons.

God is good, life is sweet, and as I said,I am rambling on.

No comments: