Thursday, September 17, 2009

The prayer from upper room website today

LOVING GOD, full of compassion and grace, walk beside me as I begin to listen to all the voices and to collect information I will use in discerning your longing for me. I am afraid that I will listen to the wrong voices or that I won’t hear the voices I need to hear. Open my ears to hear. Assuage my fears and help me resist blocking the voices I don’t want to hear. May the Holy Spirit grant me wisdom. In the name of the One who challenged me to hear, Jesus Christ my Savior, Amen.

- Valerie K. Isenhower and Judith A. Todd
Living into the Answers: A Workbook for Personal Spiritual Discernment

From p. 77 of Living into the Answers: A Workbook for Personal Spiritual Discernment by Valerie K. Isenhower and Judith A. Todd. Copyright © 2008 by the authors

No comments: