Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lenten Notes Thursday


Lent as a pilgrimage; a Walk; a Journey; considering the path of
my life:

“Mt Carmel monastery. Carmelites walked barefoot when they first came here because they were on Holy Ground..” (Pg. 22 of Holy Land Personal Journal notes from March 2001)

If I believed I am now on Holy ground, all day, all my life,
how might I walk in its respect?
Is Lent a Holy walk?
To take off my soul shoes for 40 days?
....to consider my steps and the Way I follow? How I carry myself...?
what ecological,
political,
social,
spiritual foot prints do I leave on the earth; the footprints of my life?
Will I go barefoot?
Vulnerable.
Careful.
Attentively.
Slowly .
Holy ground of being...
footsteps of prayer
and awe, and wonder.

Now, maybe before you leave this blog site.... reflect ..pray...... what will be your next step today?
...what is the next task before you...?
Consider that step.....

At the end of the day will you, as a spiritual practice, be in a time of recalling..listening to your life.. ....examining. .. how did you walk today?
What tracks did you leave behind?

Rambling on,
Rory

No comments: