Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Almost blogs

I haven't "blogged" in a week or so. For that matter I have not been doing much in my journal writing either. When I started this I wondered if, and how it would affect my journaling. Although they are very different, with a blog having some audience or reader theoretically out there. When I lead classes on journaling I ask the" journalers" if they have some audience in mind when they write, such as God, or some future reader, or themselves etc?

Oh where was I...I almost blogged.
I have thought about it. I could write about Hals death a week ago Monday, and the memorial service last Thursday. Or I could Blog about Sara leaving for Hamline, and setting up the dorm. She and Hamline are off to a good start. Or I could blog about Nick starting back to school also. He has an early bird 7 Am class all year. Uff da. (Why isn't uff da in the spell check?)

Or I could comment about all the things gearing up at church. Wilma Roberts, will lead a small group study; Living Fully and Dying Well. I will lead "Beginnings The Spiritual Life" class on Sunday evenings starting on Sept 16, and then it will be offered again on Tues evenings as the Women's Bible study. Another new thing will be the Early Music Worship that will use contemporary Christian praise and worship music cds from 9-9:20. We have wondered how to create that venue and offer that music and worship experience so maybe this is an option. Our music resources are pretty traditional otherwise but the interest for this is among us. Maybe we will get the new sanctuary video projection up and running soon!


Another blog idea was to talk about the books I am reading, have recently read or plan to read. Some of those in these stages are:
Krista Tippett - Speaking of Faith
Richard Rohr;-Simplicity
Donald Miller- Searching for God Knows What
Timothy Jones The Art of Prayer
Philip Gully - Porch Talk
Justo Gonzalez - The Apostles' Creed for Today
(also Habits of the Heart; a companion book for the Spiritual Life study I cited above.)
My spiritual connection group that doesn't have a name is supposed to finish up Borg's, Heart of Christianity next week so I better skim it again

Then finally,
I was going to blog about how I spent Labor day...end of summer and all that....I pondered getting the canoe out but I endeded up spreading a new black layer of asphalt seal-coat on the parsonage driveway. It doesn't seem like a real recreational thrill but since I saw a few other people at Home Depot that morning I guess we werent all out at the lake! But it was nice to see something accomplished. It will help the ice and snow melt off faster this winter and I will be grateful for my practical side. ..at least thats what I told my canoe. Of course I cooked something on the grill! Other than a few other household chores I went to tell the neighbor about the tall jack pine that is broken off in the stand of trees between our houses. My chain saw skills aren't up to the job and neither is my chain saw. I could tell you about the time I almost dropped a tall pine tree on the church at Beech Creek in Kentucky but some stories are best untold. No one else knows about it! The city "Park and Rec" dept owns the land between us as part of cul de sac street plan that never developed so it's their problem. The tree is hanging up on another tree for now but its leaning his way, and will fall close to his house. We hope the "City" shows up soon. Labor day fun!

I was going to blog about all these things. But I didn't. Probably won't get it into my journal either.
Just rambling on

No comments: