Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lent Post Ending



When does Lent end? My brief Internet search yielded an answer that it ends just as the Great Triduum begins with Holy Thursday worship service or Mass. Sara wanted to know because she gave up all desserts for Lent, and we have had a few cookies around the house, so the temptation for her has been at hand. I told her she could bring a cookie to eat as soon as the service was over. My Lenten discipline was to avoid all consumer purchases other than food and fuel. It was not a very difficult discipline. I don't plan to rush out to Target, Gander Mountain or Kohls to end my limited consumer fast after the worship service tonight.
My other practice was to post something here for every day of Lent. Looks like I made it but sometimes it was very perfunctory; just getting something posted. Thanks for reading. I might still have something posted for the Tridium. Wait and see. Thanks for visiting here this Lent.
We have a service of Holy Communion and Tenebrae tonight at 7:30.


No comments: