Tuesday, April 1, 2008

p. 129 from When the Heart Waits, by Sue Monk Kidd
She quotes Eugene Peterson ..."The assumption of spirituality is that always God is doing something before I know it.. So the task is not to get God doing something I think needs to be done, but to become aware of what God is doing so that I can respond to it and participate and take delight in it."

I am keeping that thought in mind as I settle into work after a Monday off: returning some phone calls and emails, setting up Sunday worship bulletin (but not having to plan a sermon because Marianne Ozanne will bring a UMW Sunday message. ) I am preparing to lead the retreat this Thursday with Kidd's book plus some contemplative type experiences for the participants so I am pulling together a powerpoint and some prayer station materials . Need to go see a person in the hospital after her surgery yesterday, and call down to Abbot where a parishioner had angioplasty. Plus set up some pre-marriage counseling with two couples. And , with Beth ,we are waiting for news on her Bush grant application....plus whatever is yet to develop today....trusting that there is something of God for me to see in all of this!
Rambling again. Happy April Fools day!

No comments: