Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another quote/thought for the day

AFTER MORE THAN forty years of praying, I still do not understand prayer. I get up many mornings and go to my place of devotion with no sense that my praying makes any difference. This does not mean that I go there reluctantly or discouraged; it simply means I go there realizing that prayer will always be bigger than me and beyond me. I pray realizing that I am not the one in charge. I also find that the older I get, the more content I am to leave some situations in the realm of mystery and wonder.
- Steve Harper Talking in the Dark: Praying When Life Doesn’t Make Sense

From p. 34 of Talking in the Dark: Praying When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
by Steve Harper.
Copyright © 2007 by Steve Harper.
All Rights Reserved.
. http://www.upperroom.org/bookstore/. Learn more about or purchase this book.

No comments: