Friday, January 9, 2009

today

Today;
finished the sermon notes, visited a care center. Made two trips to the hospital; worked on some church conf materials, emailed the new episcopal priest in town, talked to some church members on the phone, sat at home while the piano got tuned, visited with the organist, and with a church member getting ready for surgery; wrote/mailed three cards; found the blog of a seminary classmate
Saw the tears of a person in the hospital today who has felt guilty about her church absence. When I said that guilt was not the purpose of Christ or the core of our faith, the tears came. I said I did not need to have another prayer with her(but I did) because her tears were the prayer. I have a good day when I get to say something of the Good News.

,oh....and still I am befuddled by twitter. Anybody got some experience with it?
All in all, an easy day
the evening might be harder;
watching the evening news, distress of Gaza, woes and wounds of the world.

I look forward to a baptism this Sunday to go along with the liturgical calendar!
And epiphany still
light shines in the darkness
Rambling on

No comments: