Wednesday, June 13, 2007

At Annual Conference session I get tempted, as always, by the Cokesbury display. I was impressed by a new curriculum piece in the Beginnings series. It's about spiritual practices. I downloaded one of the free samples and it confirmed my first impression. I asked a few folks at the Wednesday lectionary group to look it over also. I would love to use it at Park Church.
Here's a quote that the author passed on from G.K. Chesterton.

"At the back of our brains, so to speak, there is a forgotten blaze or burst of astonishment at our own existence. The object of...the spiritual life is to dig for this submerged sunrise of wonder."

What a phrase! "...submerged sunrise of wonder."
Rambling on.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I read that chapter you gave us and would love to be a part of reading and experiencing the study of that whole book. Nice treat to see a quote by someone I "know"-Tilda Norberg.