Friday, June 29, 2007

Yesterday was my son's 16th birthday. We pulled off a surprise birthday party so the aftermath is that the bodies sleeping on the living floor have now risen (Friday morning) and moved on to a game of Risk. I remember playing that game. But they tell me the game has changed since my day.


I am still on my "stay home" vacation this week. Got lots of yard work and cleaning done. It feels good! I met with my spiritual formation group yesterday. We meet for about an hour every two or three weeks. We take a brief time of silence then check in with each other and see where the conversation goes from there. We started the group by sharing our spiritual history and then by looking at an Anthony DeMello book. We plan to read some of Marcus Borg's Heart of Christianity next.

I said I would stick in a few quotes in the blog to ponder now and then:

'True, deep-down goodness is never a matter of mere compliance with laws. Deep-down goodness shows itself in spontaneous generosity, uncalculating kindness, and unstinted love. It is itself inspired by a vision of goodness' (Westerholm, Understanding Matthew:The Early Christian Worldview of the First Gospel, 53).
...... I clipped this from a blog I read..I haven't read the book!

If God said,
"Rumi, pay homage to everything
that has helped you
enter my
arms,"
there would not be one experience of my life,
not one thought, not one feeling,
nor any act, I
would not
bow
to.
— Rumi


Rambling on

No comments: