Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm thinking of how the Internet is now a part of my "daily devotions." Along with a cup of coffee and a quick read of the Brainerd Dispatch, I turn on the computer and read A Daily Spiritual Seed that shows up in my e-mail. Then I read the daily posting from inward/outward that comes from the Church of the Savior in Washington DC. I go to the Spirituality and Practice website and read the spiritual practice of the day. On the Upper Room site there is a daily reflection link. (Some of these are listed in my links section.)I have a few other sites I visit if I have time. I get Verse and Voice sent to me from Sojourners at another email address. Somewhere in all of this I might note a thought or quote in my journal. If I'm really being intentional about this I will get in a morning walk around the block or spend a few minutes in silence. Of course all this gets intertwined with the morning routines of kids getting to school, the dog needing attention, and whatever else I need to be doing for work. I think the devotions are included with the "getting ready" for work. John Wesley may have had his little prayer room to enter at 4:30 or 5 in the morning but I wonder how he would do things today? I think he would have done some "on line" reading with his devotions and then considering all the pamphlets he published and letters he read and wrote, I think he would have blogged.
Rambling on....

No comments: