Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rory's Rambles. I am not sure what will come of this. I read the blogs of others, especially when they are writing about church, theology and spirituality, and I see my daughter blogging away on the computer at home. So here goes.

I think I will use this as a way to pass on some of the quotes that I collect, often from other blogs, with some reflections on daily events.

Today, for example, I am thinking of how a year ago our family was preparing for a month of July travel in the UK and Ireland, with a quick side trip to Paris. It was an awesome vacation with monumental sites and history! This year’s summer will be more modest. In August we will go to Michigan to celebrate my wife's parents’ 50th wedding anniversary. Some time in June I will be exploring the back yard, listening to the birds, noticing the wind in the trees, maybe using the screen porch that we got all cleaned up for daughter Sara's high school graduation. Vacation this year, might be discovering what is around me, and in me. Something like the inner journey. Pilgrimages are not so much about going to a holy place, as much as being in holy places along the way. More than a few people have pointed out that holy ground is always beneath our feet. Jesus said the kingdom of God is at hand... or near you, or with you... or among you.
Either way... I don't have to go very far to make a discovery, see a monument, or be renewed.But still, I wonder if I will even go that far?

Rambling on.

1 comment:

Sara Ann said...

I am very much looking forward to your blog!