Friday, July 27, 2007

Rambler


My first car was a 1964 Rambler. It was glossy black with a silver metallic top and red vinyl interior. It was a three speed stick on the column with an overdrive. I put a glass-pack muffler on it and had one of those barefoot shaped gas pedals. But it was still a Rambler. My friend, Mike, had a '67 Mustang and Tony could borrow his older brother's sporty Pontiac that had an air scoop in the hood. Put yourself back to high school in the early 70's and guess which cars you would rather be driving around in. But I loved my car. My Grandpa Swenson let me "buy" it from him for only $300 dollars and he let me make payments. The Rambler was a piece of my growing up, my developing independence, adventuring out on the road. It was a vehicle for my journey; something to help me go to the other places. Not as fancy as a lot of others out there, but it was me. I know I have a picture some where. Maybe I will get it posted if I can figure a way to copy it. This blog is kind of like my first car! Rambler. Rory's rambles. Thanks for riding in this car with me. Nothing fancy but I am having fun. Rambling on.

No comments: