Sunday, July 29, 2007

England picture practice

Sara says I have to learn to be independent and learn to put in my own pictures so this is my excuse to practice. Last year about now we were coming home from a month in the United Kingdom with some quick side trips to Paris and Dublin. I thought I would put together some of the Wesley theme pictures, but I decided to just mix in some Scottish scenes, family pictures and general tourist sites or maybe something from Oxford since the whole thing started when Beth got invited to participate in an Oxford Round Table on literacy education. I think the Men's Group and one of the circles at church got to hear me tell something about the trip and saw a few pictures. Anyway, here goes my practice session on blogs with pictures. (Standing in a couple of Wesley's pulpits doesn't seem to have significantly changed my preaching)

Maybe next month I will learn how to line up the words as captions for the pictures. But for now use your imagination.






Bikes! England's solution for global warming, or, all you can afford if you go to Oxford!









At the Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond










Some guy who thought he could write did some plays here. We went, what, three times?
















To left, "some statue", at the Louvre







Beth at the Round table (it was square)



We ate Fish and chips in the Inklings booth












Stonehenge, of course! Old English Rocks.












To left, life size statue of Wesley































A Wesley pulpit in the museum at City Road, London




















Wesley pulpit in Bristol










This is Charles Wesley. His house in Bristol was closed when we were there. Probably getting ready for his big 300 th birthday party going on this summer! We did worship, back in London in the little chapel that had an organ he had once owned (and played).


No comments: